Recreating Photos

Kia Ora, In Te Ngahere we did another Summer Learning Journey activity. This activity was used when we were all in lock down so people had something fun to do. For this activity we had to recreate a portrait using little bits and pieces from around our houses. What I used to create this photo was airing a towel and remove b.g so that I could make my background black instead of my wall colour. I really enjoyed this activity and found it quite easy because all you had to do is recreate a photo. 

have you recreated a photo before??

2 thoughts on “Recreating Photos

1. Kia ora Ashlyn, This is AWESOME!! You have done such a great job recreating this painting!! Well done!

Whaea Becks

2. Kia Ora Ashlyn,

Theresa here again from the SLJ. I have read your ‘cool to be kind’ activity first and now I get to have a look at your portrait.

You did an excellent job removing the background that has a huge impact on the overall image. I like that you have also ensured that the earring is in the picture. In the post it asks that you share something you have learned about the artist or the picture. What did you learn about this picture? I have seen it before but I actually don’t know anything about it – I’d be curious to hear what you have learned?

I haven’t re-created an image before – it seems like it could be a lot of fun – if there was one image I would like to recreate it is a picture of a bunch of people sitting on a beam high up in the sky. This image has been re-created many times. It is called ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ . I think it would be neat to do this with my friends.

Take care , Ngā mihi
    Theresa